Friday, September 21, 2007

Fireplace Remodel

Now that my summer is over, it's time to start thinking about the colder weather moving in. My favorite room in my house is my Family Room / Home Theater. Problem is, it has 3 exterior walls, a non-working fireplace and a large OLD sliding glass door with no insulating properties to speak of. It gets chilly in there. It would be great to replace the fireplace with a gas insert and use it as a zone of heat. I also HATE the way my fireplace looks.

It's very plain, just look:



After playing around in photoshop for an hour or so, and digging out some pictures of fireplaces, fireplace surrounds and bookshelves, i mocked up a picture of what I'm thinking of doing:



What do you think?

2 comments:

Seth said...

Is this what you do on Fridays?

:-P

Unknown said...

I'm more of a traditionalist so I prefer the full fireplace rather than the truncated one. I think you could still do something but keep the full brick face.